11.20.2009

This Bike is a Pipe Bomb - Front Seat Solidarity

I just recently discovered the record label, Plan-it-X. I truly wish I would have found it earlier. I'm half determined to make this Plan-It-X week here on Medium Fidelity, but I'm not sure how many albums I'll be able to find. We shall see.
Anyways, This Bike is a Pipe Bomb was formed in 1997, they're a folk punk band from Pensacola, Florida, and they rock hard. I'm seeing a lot more punk infused than folk in this particular record, but I think I like it better that way.
There are a lot of different sounds in this record. Some songs shift from surfer rock to folk to straight up punk all in a few minutes. The easiest way to describe this band is, "They're awesome."
What makes them even more awesome is their name. Multiple times the bomb squad has been called to dissemble a bomb when someone slapped one of this bands stickers on their bicycle. Hilarious.


2 comments:

  1. Hey, I'll get to stickers this thanksgiving break, brosef.

    PS: Paul Baribeau is on Plan-it X label. Also, I have a lot of the label on my blog. Anyways, word. Bust it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11/25/2009

    Plan-it X is my favourite label. I didn't even realise it until I started working at a Record store a couple years ago and all my favourite bands came out of the same 'studio'

    Ghost Mice, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Against Me!, Paul Baribeau, This Bike is a Pipe Bomb, Punkin Pie, Dauntless Elite (I think Dauntless was on that label)

    AMAZING. Some of the rawest music I have heard in a while... I like your BLOG, keep it up.
    -Zach

    ReplyDelete